Wednesday, August 17, 2016

Love = Live together?

There's one thing that I keep thinking about: do you really have to live together with a person just because you love him/her?

I often hear people justify their stay in destructive relationships with the phrase: "But I love him!", and therefore, letting their limits be moved, letting themselves being exposed to the situations which only hurt them. Allowing themselves to live in a relationship where they don't feel good. 

Because they love someone...



I believe it's OK to love someone without necessarily having to live together with the person or even stay in touch or contact them. To accept that: "Yes, I love him. At the same time as I deserve to respect myself and experience well-being in my life, and that is the bigger priority". 


I believe that you can reach a point in life where the goal to live together with the person you love becomes secondary. And to take care of your own life becomes the primary goal. It doesn't matter how much I love the person or how strong the dream of "how it could be" is, if this dream is not the reality. When the dream is only a dream. 

I can love the person, in the same time as I can choose to do what it takes for me to live a healthy life.

What do you think?

No comments:

Post a Comment